Are you expecting your little one soon?
Save the moment while he/she is still in your tummy.
Take time and enjoy the special bond only the two of you can feel.
Make it memorable through photographs with the best maternity photographer in town.
Here is a quick guideline for you.
How to Prepare for Your Maternity Photoshoot
Your comfort is the best asset during your photo session. But, it should be classy and fashionable as well. Keep in mind the following reminders.
● Long flowy skirts, dresses, comfy mommy pants are allowed as long as you like wearing them.
● Add depth and photo detail through textures and layers. Having knits on your attire also looks nice.
● Best colours are solids. It’s the safest bet of all.
● Vibrant shades are the finest choice of all.
● Colour coordinate with your significant other.
● Choose a complementing style with your partner.
● A well-ironed wardrobe is a must if your dress creases easily.
● Not confident with your arms? Wear dresses and tops that cover them.
● Busy, loud patterns and logos - it draws too much attention.
● Fine, repetitive lines - it appears as wavy lines in photos and it’s quite disturbing.
● Loud and fluorescent colours - it reflects on your face.
● Pale colours like pale pink appear like white in the photograph.
● Loose threads and lint is a big no, no.
Pro tip: Ask your maternity photographer if he or she provides maternity outfits. This can save you from spending on a maternity dress that you might wear only once.
● Wrap around your neck either a knitted shawl or linen scarf. You may throw it around your shoulders and arms for a change.
● One accessory per wardrobe. Don’t over-do-it.
● Bulky jewellery like watches is not advised.
● Hide bra straps under your outfit.
● Choose contact lenses over eyeglasses. The latter causes a reflection of the camera flash.
Pro tip: Your photographer can provide accessories especially if he or she has done a lot of maternity photoshoots. Let your photographer hear your ideas so he or she can give you the best advice in case you want to buy an accessory.
● Glam up with a new hairdo that fits your photoshoot theme. This adds confidence if you are not confident in front of the camera.
● Allot at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled maternity photoshoot.
● Let your hair settle or relax a bit after the treatment. It would look more beautiful during photoshoots.
● Hairspray is your new hair best friend. Spray your locks to hide those flyaway hairs.
● Lips - shiny lip gloss is great. Try berries or brown for better result.
● Face - cover skin blemishes through the light application of non-SPF foundation. Have a matte finish. Top it off with a light translucent powder.
● Cheek - add colour to your face with a light blush.
● Eyes - bring out the lashes with your brown or black eyeliner. A little mascara is fine.
● Eyebrows - trim it or pluck it if needed.
● Lips - dark colours is absolutely a big no! Frosts and glitters are reflected on the camera.
● Face - avoid bronzers, please! As much as possible cut down on the shine factor.
● Cheek - glittery blusher and bronzers are not good.
● Eyes - eyeshadows with glimmer is shimmer is not recommended.
● Eyebrows - rogue hair shows in the camera. Wax it off one week before the photoshoot.
Pro Tip: A lot of maternity photographers partner with hair and makeup stylist. This can save you a lot of time looking for a stylist that specializes in maternity photoshoots. Plus if this is included in the photoshoot package, you could same some cash too.
● Coat a nail polish on your fingernails and toenails.
● Your hands and the baby bump is the perfect tandem to show your affection. Get a fresh manicure.
● Open-toe shoes are alright for your attire. Partner it up with a good pedicure.
● Don’t use an extremely bright or fluorescent nail colour.
Be well prepared on your most awaited maternity photoshoot. Choose appropriate and comfortable attire. Match colour and style with your partner, and older kids (if there’s any). Most importantly, wear your best smile.
Choosing The Best Maternity Photographer
Now that you’re all out and ready for the shoot. Make sure you choose a professional maternity photographer.
Not all photographer can capture the pregnancy moments creatively. It takes more than the high-end camera to capture your maternity “glow”.
The best maternity photographer
knows how to make you look good in your maternity photoshoot in the most comfortable way possible.
They consider your angles, lighting, white balance and more. And these take well-trained eyes to consider all the needed details.
Consider the following criteria before booking your appointment.
You have your own preference for your maternity photo session. But, there are other styles out there to choose from.
Would you like to have a:
● In-the-home lifestyle maternity photoshoot
● Studio maternity photoshoot
● Nature-loving maternity photoshoot
● Soft palette, light and airy
● Modern fashionista with vibrant colours
● And many more!
Get the images you want if you choose a photographer by style. For sure, one of them is their forte.
A review is a must. Check out their portfolio. View their recent photo sessions. Read feedback as well.
Ask for their photography style.
● What is the usual baby bump poses?
● Where are the good angles?
● Are there flattering poses to take note of?
● In your body type, what pose looks great in the camera?
● Are the images sharp and clear?
● Do you have a good lighting facility and frames available?
Look for their work consistency. Differentiate an amateur from a professional accurately. Check this out.
● Nice images are not regularly taken. Out of many sessions, it takes one to two accidental shots for good images.
● A photo session with an amateur photographer is a risk. A photo or two of good images is the best final result.
● Both their portfolio and recent blog work show high-quality images.
● A professional photographer photoshoot results in 20 to 30 great images. More wonderful shots to choose from.
With this, you’ll understand the significance of choosing a high-quality photographer. Capture your special moment with assurance and peace of mind.
In whatever field you’re in, the years of experience does not necessarily equate to quality.
Nevertheless, an experienced photographer learned how to iron an amateur’s mistakes.
An end result, an amazing photo session with magnificent photographs for you and your baby bump.
Cost of Maternity Photoshoot
Of course, price is a very important factor. However, your decision must not revolve around it.
If you’re looking for a great image and good photography
, be prepared financially.
You may think that you could save with amateur photographers at cheaper prices. But if it does not turn out well, you’ll take another session wherein you’ll pay more. You did not only waste your money but time and effort as well.
Expensive packages will not guarantee premiums results as well.
Check portfolios and reviews from previous clients. Take note on how well they interact with their clients and how they deliver their work.
Your maternity photo session is all about your preference and comfort. Select the photographer that can take your style to another level.
With this quick guide, you can identify the important factors to consider on how to look good in your maternity photo shoot. Take your time to shop around professional photographers. Plan your style with your chosen professionals.