The capital of Slovakia, Bratislava is an alluring place worthy of not just one but a couple of visits to actually explore city’s hidden gems. Any place you wish to visit would take its sweet time to make you fall in love with its charm.
From fairy tale castles to transcendental caves and unexplored villages, Bratislava is a treasure waiting to be unearthed. If you want to really get yourself acquainted with the people herein, make sure to visit Nivy shopping centre
. This place shall fulfil all your needs- be it shopping at high-end showrooms including Zara, Humanic, Here, Massimo Dutti and the like catering to your hunger pangs through café, bar and other dining options. Getting a little exercise after a heavy meal? This one has you covered with running tracks, exercise zones, etc. At the end, it also takes care of your commuting needs as it has a bus station too.
Following are must visit places at Bratislava in Slovakia
● The Old Town- It is full of interesting places to visit. Any street you roam around will be pretty and adorable. Also stop by main square, national theatre, old town hall courtyard and St. Martin’s Cathedral.
● Bratislava Castle - The castle looks like a table turned upside down. It is a museum with appealing exhibitions. It towers over the old town and Danube River, with spectacular views of UFO bridge and Petrzalka.
● UFO Bridge - Its official name is SNP bridge. At the top there is a restaurant and a viewing area providing a fabulous view of the city
● Presidential Palace - It was constructed in 1760, though it is nearly impossible to visit inside it, you can walk around and relax in the French gardens.
● Slovak Radio Building - It is built in a structure of pyramid turned upside down.
Some other places to visit in Slovakia other than Bratislava:
● Orava Castle - It is one of the most beautiful castles in the country, built in 13th century and still well-preserved. An app with English audio will educate about the history of the castle.
● Banská Štiavnica- It is UNESCO world heritage site, it is an old mining town with medieval architecture and renaissance buildings, creating illusion of being inside ancient fairytale.
● Špania Dolina- It is a historical village with beautiful views of gothic buildings and wooden houses. There are several hiking trails to explore all leading to gorgeous flowers and trees.
● Bojnice Castle- It is a castle right out of the fairytale book, providing with dreamy façade meant to leave you awestruck. Surrounding the castle is a beautiful garden connected to forest in mountain.
● Bardejov – It is considered the oldest town in the country, also a UNESCO world heritage with stunning buildings. Also see market square, town hall and Franciscan Monastery while visiting the town.
Also some other places worth visiting are Hervatov, Šomoška Castle, Banská Bystrica, Komárno, Súľov Rocks, Halič Castle and so many more places. Plan and research the places you want to visit in Slovakia
before your arrival or better yet mingle with the locals to guide you.