Dipping your toe into the intricate, long-historied cosmos of cigars and cigar smoking can be daunting. With various names for different types of sizes, wrappers, shapes, fillers, and binders, the sheer volume of information concerning the things that should be learned about cigars can be pretty intimidating.
However, when you have picked up the fundamentals of cigar smoking and realize what you want in a cigar, you can now look for different ways to enhance your smoking experience. Fortunately, this guide is here to share some pieces of advice and pro tips so that you can get the best out of your cigar.
Using a Cigar Humidor
Owning a cigar humidor for your cigars is very important, but it can be useless if used the wrong way. We could provide you hundreds of tips on how to obtain a better cigar smoking experience. Still, at the end of the day, if your cigars were not stored correctly in a humidor, they will not smoke ideally, no matter what you try to do.
There are a few things you should keep in mind about custom cigar boxes
because they can help you boost your smoking experience. Here are the things you should check out if you do not have a cigar box yet.
● Choose a quality humidor. If you want to learn more about cigars and quality humidors, you can attend cigar events and conventions joined by exhibit companies Las Vegas
. Attending trade shows can widen your horizon about the cigar world, including the keen selection of quality humidors.
● Make sure the humidity is between 65-70%.
● Keeping your humidor in top condition is essential. This is why you need to check regularly its sponge if it needs refilling.
● Do not overcrowd your cigars in a humidor. However, it does not have to be empty. What you can do is fill any big gaps in cedarwood or upgrade to a bigger humidor if you have too many cigars.
● Leave your cigars in a cigar box to let them age and develop flavors.
● You may put different cigars together in your custom humidor for alternative aroma experiences.
Did you know that aging some of your cigars can be a way to enhance your cigar smoking experience? Many cigar aficionados prefer to buy a larger humidor and put some aside for future smoking. These cigars can then be enjoyed every month or year, depending on the number of your stocks.
Cleansing the Palate
Another key area to enhance the know-how in cigar smoking is ensuring your palate is cleansed throughout the entire smoking experience. Why? Cigars are filled with complex aromas and flavors, and though some are bold and intense, others are subtle and may require well-trained tastebuds to detect. Hence, if your mouth is tainted with the dinner you just ate, you are never going to experience the maximum range of flavors offered by your eco-friendly stogie. To know more about green living while enjoying your cigars, guyabouthome
is the site to hit.
How to Cleanse the Palate
Here are a few tips for cleaning the lingering flavors away from your mouth and refreshing your taste:
● Have a sip or two of water or better if you have a.bitter lemon.
● If you prefer snacking as a way to cleanse your palate, try some lemon sorbet or ginger.
● Avoid using a mint or gargle mouthwash after a meal because both will not cleanse your palate. Instead, they will just overwhelm your tastebuds with the taste of mint.
Another attribute to this is taking into account the way you smoke. Although many will simply opt to puff a cigar one at a time, others want to make an evening with multiple well-crafted stogies. If that is the case, it would be best to start with the mildest, then work your way up to the most potent flavor. This way, the aroma of a strong cigar will not overwhelm a milder one later on.
Study How to Taste Properly
Though this may sound silly knowing there is a correct and wrong way to taste being accustomed to how you taste your cigar can really make a difference in your smoking experience. Here are some ways you can taste your cigar properly:
● Smell the cigars aroma and taste it as well before you light it. Then, place it in your mouth and observe if any important flavor notes instantly hit you.
● Slowly take the smoke so that the cigar does not overheat because if it does, it may affect the cigars taste.
● Let the smoke dillydally in your mouth to gain a more profound aftertaste.
● Retrohale the cigar because exhaling through your nose can help you detect any added flavor.
● Make sure your palate is cleansed.
We hope this simple guide has imparted a few good insights into how you can gain a better cigar smoking experience.
We would like to know your thoughts! If you have other cigar-related questions or would like to share your cigar smoking experience, you can freely type them in the box below.