Having a good mirror less camera or DSLR is not enough to capture some incredible images. You need the latest tools to make those pictures memorable. Gimbal is certainly one hottest new tool that will let you get some mesmerizingly smooth images. Of course, this tool is known for that purpose. It has become a new trend since it came into the market. Every camera lover wants it in their camera accessories. However, before you buy gimbal for a mirrorless camera
, read a few words of wisdom from the experts who will share some real benefits and gimbals for you.
Gimbals or stabilizers are excellent accessories for video enthusiasts. It let you take pictures even if the surface is bumpy or when you are moving fast. Do you know more about this excellent gadget? No then here you go.
What is a gimbal?
It is a pivoted support that lets the camera rotate on any axis irrespective of your movement. It makes the camera independent and stabilized. The camera feels no vibration no matter whether you move up and down or front and back or left and right. It thus remains stable.
Who should use it?
People who love to take crazy videos while playing basketball, skiing, snowboarding
or trekking can use this gadget. It let you take some of the craziest, funny and even toughest moments without damaging your expensive camera. Professionals, selfies addicts, and sports lovers can get a gimbal to capture some of the best movements of any event of their life.
How does it work?
A gimbal makes the camera stable even in tilting position, pan, and rolling position. No shaky videos, no camera damage even if you are not stable.
The tilt- it lets you capture video of an object while it is moving up and down. For example- you can get videos of a person on the stairs or falling object.
The pan-pan movement is when an object moves left to right or vice versa. You can take pictures of an object moving in a horizontal direction.
The roll-this feature is useful when the person taking video is moving back and forth. For example- you can take a video of the sunset while moving in either direction and still get a good shot with focus.
Thus, gimbal for a mirrorless camera gives you a stable and vibration-free experience while shooting videos.
Reasons to use the gimbal
Various reasons will make you buy gimbal. Here are they.
• Selfies stick- since it contains selfies stick you can take selfies while driving hassle-free
• Remote control it comes with a remote control option to control all the three-movement of the gimbal-the tilt, pan, and the roll. Changing the mode is very comfortable using the button on the stick. Controlling camera functions is a lot easier during movement or any activity.
• Rechargeable batteries- they come with batteries that can be recharged anytime. Simply recharge the battery and start your journey taking amazing videos on a new trip. This saves your money on buying new batteries for the gimbal.
• Wireless control system- gimbal for the mirror fewer cameras is wireless and has a single button to control all the features of the system.
• Any camera- almost any camera can be attached to gimbal using the clamps present on it. Fit the camera easily without any struggle. The camera will not fall even in the jerks, so stay relax and enjoy photography.
• Portable- most of the gimbal are light in weight and have awesome features to take a stable image. Users can use this gadget only with one hand without missing their favorite scene to capture. Take it anywhere and get smooth and blur-free images. It can be fitted to any sliders, extension poles and jibs to get different angles.
Due to these reasons, they are good for everyone. However, before you buy one you should ask a few important questions that are important to consider.
Few questions to consider
2 or 3 axis gimbal
Both two and three-axis gimbal are available that let you get pictures in different directions. However since 2018 usually 3 axis gimbals are introducing in the market. So, you can skip this part.
Weight of camera
Considering camera weight is pretty much important as gimbal will be able to bear the weight of the camera. There is a minimum and maximum payload that it can bear so make sure that your camera doesn’t fall out beyond that limits. In case, the payload is less, attack other accessories like quick release plates. Don’t forget to weight it with a detachable lens and batteries.
Weight of gimbal
Some gimbals are not designed for everything that you attach to it. So get the one having standard ¼ inch thread. This is the standard one for a normal camera.
Cheap ABS plastic
is used to make cheaper gimbals. If you don’t want an expensive one then it is ok however you have to take good care of it to make it last longer. Don’t just throw it anywhere.
Battery life is very important especially when you are going for a long day shoot or more than a day of shooting. Get the one with rechargeable and removable batteries. However, every gimbal you see will have different battery usage or life so buy one having long battery usage time.
Will it work on the phone?
Few come with their apps that can be connected with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. It makes the controlling of gimbal easy like changing its settings, moving it and more. But make sure that your phone is compatible with it.
Generally, not all are waterproof so you have to find a bit expensive one if you need them to be water-resistant. Get it only if you usually shoot underwater or in the rainy season.
Some of them can have software issues if you go for cheaper ones. So, always buy the best one which provides a firmware update to get reliable functions while shooting.
Gimbal for a mirrorless camera gives more professional footage only when you consider the above said important questions. So, hope you get the one that suits best for your camera.