The First Art Newspaper on the Net    Established in 1996 Friday, December 9, 2022


How AI and Blockchain Influenced R&D in Indian Pharma



Artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain are two of the most promising digital technologies that the world has seen so far. These have already brought drastic revolutions in multiple sectors and the world of pharmaceuticals is no different in this case. Let us see how.

Research for Innovation of New Drugs

Pharmaceutical manufacturing companies from all round the world, are investing on ultra advanced machine-learning or ML algorithms, and AI based tools and techniques; in their ongoing research for innovation of new drugs.

These intelligent tools work on exponential amounts of data; which can further be used to solve challenges associated with complicated biological networks. The involvement of these AI-Blockchain based tools extend from studying the multiple patterns of various diseases to even recognizing the correct drug compositions that would be best suited for treating specific traits of a particular disease.

This eventually makes it easier for the pharmaceutical manufacturing companies to take their investment decisions accordingly; in their quest of discovering new drugs that would have the highest success rate against any disease or medical condition.



P-Value Standards and Clinical Trial Success

P-values are a standard measure for the effectiveness of new drugs in Phase II trials, where it is decided whether or not to push the drug to the Phase III.

The concept of p-values is such that if the p-value for any drug is below 0.05, that means there is less than 5% chance that the new drug’s effectiveness on patients is due to a random chance. In other words, this means that there is 95% chance for the drug being actually effective. A drug that achieves a p-value of 0.05 or less in Phase II trials will typically be advanced to Phase III.

Unfortunately, in reality it is much more complicated and less predictable than statistical models might imply. It’s not actually the case that 95% of Phase III drugs achieve success; in fact, the success rate of Phase III drugs can be as low as 30%. The higher-than-expected failure rates of late-stage trials are the result of many factors, including discrepancies between Phase II and Phase III testing populations and end-points.

In order to avoid such low success rates, researchers need to leverage new technologies like artificial intelligence and blockchain to enhance clinical trial design and execution.

This is when AI and blockchain technologies are incorporated to increase the success rates of late-stage clinical trials, saving both time and money, thereby getting more effective research results.

Drug Development

AI has shown great results in improvising the Research and Development (R&D) process concerning various pharmaceutical drugs. This contribution includes designing and identifying of new molecules, target-based drug validation and discoveries, and various other concerns on the similar line.

Sometime back, MIT published a report saying that hardly about 13.8% of drugs successfully pass the clinical trials, while any pharma company ends up paying around US$ 2 billion for a drug to complete the entire process of a single clinical trial and get the much required FDA approval. This is the exact reason behind why the pharma contract manufacturers in India are moving towards AI, in order to improve the success rates of new drugs, create more affordable drugs and therapies, and most importantly, cut down the huge operational costs.



Privacy and Management of Medical Data used in R&D

R&D in the world of pharmaceuticals calls for collection, maintainance and analysis of a huge amount of data. As a matter of fact, mere collection and analysis of medical data is not sufficient. This requires strict regulations assuring its privacy or accessibility.

But unfortunately, Indian pharmaceutical sector has already seen multiple cases of data breaches, that has resulted in the disclosure of several healthcare records; which definitely have brought adversities. Again, managing the sensitive medical data via traditional approaches can be a complex task since this data is dispersed over different healthcare databases.

This is where blockchain comes as a hero by creating a secured and unified platform for storing and managing all relevant data in single location. For example, huge amount of medical data can be stored in form of blockchain blocks; identifiable via a unique code. This process authorizes the sharing of health information or blocks, required for various R&D processes, without revealing the unique code.

Higher Efficiency in R&D on the Various Steps of Drug Manufacturing

By now, AI has been implemented at various stages of pharma manufacturing; for higher productivity, improved efficiency, and faster production of life-saving drugs.

Involvement of AI has improved all the manufacturing aspects like quality control, waste reduction, design optimization, process automation, etc.

AI and Blockchan have replaced many of the time-consuming old technologies pertaining the R&D segment in Indian pharma, thereby enabling the pharma companies to launch drugs much faster, and at cheaper rates. These have not only increased the ROI by limiting the human intervention, but also curtailed chances of human error.










Today's News

September 22, 2022

Virtual Cotsen Textile Traces Global Roundtable will explore the rich traditions of lacemaking

Tyler Mitchell: From glossy magazines to a mega gallery

Senga Nengudi wins the 2023 Nasher Prize for Sculpture

Robert Fripp lightens up

Sydney museum sends visitors into an oil tank (and an artist's imagination)

Presentation at Xavier Hufkens showcases all five decades of Giorgio Griffa's career

Almine Rech announces opening of new U.S. flagship: Tribeca, New York City

The Cleveland Museum of Art announces new acquisitions

Hauser & Wirth New York opens an exhibition of Jenny Holzer's most recent works

Aperture Foundation lands a new headquarters

Belgian artist Sophie Kuijken opens an exhibition at Galerie Nathalie Obadia

Fort Gansevoort features twelve new large-scale works by Dawn Williams Boyd

Olivia Plender opens her second exhibition at Maureen Paley

Opening today: James Fuentes presents Keegan Monaghan: Indicator

Success for "Provenance Revealed: Galerie Steinitz" - doubles the pre-sale estimate

DIA to collect works focused on automotive, industrial, and decorative design

A welcome gust of weird, and adventures in shadow puppetry

'Beetlejuice' to close on Broadway

The 'alien goldfish' finds a home

New exhibition celebrates mumok's 60th anniversary

Significant works by Thomas Struth and Hilla & Bernd Becher headline Heritage's October Photography Auction

Alchemy Gallery opens a solo show featuring the vibrant, fantastical works of Christina Allan

SculptureCenter presents the first U.S. exhibition of artist Henrike Naumann

Latin Artists' New Media Work About Migration Awarded In The UK

Tips To Make Food More Delicious and Save Money

How Disney+ has Impacted the Streaming World over the Time

Ready to Invest in a Luxury RV? Here Are 4 Things You Need to Know

Virtual Reality artists nominated for Lumen Prize

How do discount vouchers function, and what are they?

Taking Your Procreate Skills To The Next Level

How to Treat Melasma.

Does Careprost Eyelash Serum Perfect for Eyelash Growth?

How AI and Blockchain Influenced R&D in Indian Pharma

Features of Honeywell Thermostat - Installation Process

Differentiate between U Part Wig Human Hair, Glueless Human Hair, and Undetectable Lace Wigs - Luvme Hair

The Pros and Cons of Gambling

Seeking to Work in the USA or Settling Down There? Then Check Out NAFTA Professional List Periodically




Museums, Exhibits, Artists, Milestones, Digital Art, Architecture, Photography,
Photographers, Special Photos, Special Reports, Featured Stories, Auctions, Art Fairs,
Anecdotes, Art Quiz, Education, Mythology, 3D Images, Last Week, .

 



Founder:
Ignacio Villarreal
(1941 - 2019)
Editor & Publisher: Jose Villarreal
Art Director: Juan José Sepúlveda Ramírez

Royalville Communications, Inc
produces:

ignaciovillarreal.org juncodelavega.com facundocabral-elfinal.org
Founder's Site. Hommage
to a Mexican poet.
Hommage
       

The First Art Newspaper on the Net. The Best Versions Of Ave Maria Song Junco de la Vega Site Ignacio Villarreal Site
Tell a Friend
Dear User, please complete the form below in order to recommend the Artdaily newsletter to someone you know.
Please complete all fields marked *.
Sending Mail
Sending Successful