Are you searching for the perfect colour code for your walls that woos everybody? Well, it is a painstaking process. You must experiment with various colours, their hues and whatnot.
Wall colours also affect your mood. Thus, also take care of colour psychology and how they change with the houses lighting.
It is not a single-day job. It takes effort and trial. This blog will show various ways to find your homes perfect colour code.
Process To Designing The Perfect Colour Code For Your Walls
1. Evaluate Your Space and Purpose
Before getting all puzzled with countless colour options, sit down, drink a cup of tea and assess your space and determine its purpose. Consider various factors such as how much lighting you want, room size, existing furniture, etc. Consider all these factors and decide whether your space should feel cosy, energetic, spacious, or relaxing.
This thought process will help you arrive at your perfect colour code.
2. Find Your Inspiration
You must look for inspiration from different sources. You can look up online home decor platforms or in magazines and collect colour swatches, images, samples, etc. This will help you create your own vision board.
Now clarify your vision and identify patterns, preferences, and even your ideal colour combinations that match it.
3. Study Colour Psychology
The next step is to study colour psychology. Colours evoke emotions and can even have a psychological impact on our mood. You can study them to understand how they affect our mood.
For example, while blues soothe your mood, reds turn it romantic, and yellows inspire creativity and happiness.
Colour psychology will help you decide what colour scheme you need for each room.
More: Asian paints colour codes
4. Play Around With Colour Samples
Before you give your heart to a particular shade, always test various paint samples on your walls. Apply these samples to various walls and observe how they look at various times of the day.
Doing this hands-on exercise will help you decide on one colour that goes best for the particular wall and looks stunning at all times of the day.
5. Let The Colours Flow
Your next step is creating a cohesive colour flow in your house. You can let your creative juices flow and imagine how various colour hues in different rooms will interact with each other.
You should ensure that the hues work harmoniously and smoothly transition from one room to another, for you need a balanced aesthetic for your home.
6. You Can Consider Taking Professional Advice
If you need more clarification on colour combinations or expert guidance, consider contacting professional interior designers or colour consultants.
Professionals are trained to work out combinations and aesthetics. Their experience, advice, and knowledge will provide valuable insights and help you find the perfect colour code that matches your vision.
Essential Tips For Selecting Your Dream Colour Code:
1. Start With A Mood Board
● Your mood board consists of paint swatches, magazine clippings, fabric samples, etc. Collect these in one place.
● Now arrange these items in collages.
● This exercise will help you visualise what the entire aesthetic will look like. And also how various textures are interacting with each other.
2. Consider Your Rooms Vibe And Purpose
● Every room has a unique purpose, and your selected colour must give it that vibe.
● For example, shades of blue and green have a peaceful vibe and look absolutely fabulous in bathrooms. At the same time, energetic colours like yellow and orange will go great in your living room.
● To perform this exercise, you just need to consider the vibe you want your place to have and choose colours accordingly.
3. Get Inspired With Elements That Are Already Present
● You can also find inspiration in furniture, art decor, etc., already present in your room.
● Find the dominant colours in your surroundings. You can use these colours as a good starting point.
● Lastly, make a jumble of all these wall colour combinations and see if anything catches your eye.
4. Also Consider Your Rooms Size And Layout
● Your rooms size also matters when you select the perfect colour code for your walls.
● Lighter shades give you a more spacious and open feel, while darker shades give you a cosy and intimate atmosphere.
● Thus, always evaluate your rooms size and layout when you are selecting wall colours.
8 Must Try Colour Combinations
1. Modern And Minimalistic
Grey and white are your best bet if you want a modern and minimalistic look. They exude a clean and sophisticated feel.
Most people nowadays prefer a contemporary interior. Grey and white is a good choice for these people. Also, this colour combination helps other elements of your room stand out amongst others.
2. Rustic Warmth
Couple terracotta and cream with warm earth tones, and you have a fantastic rusty interior.
While terracotta gives warmth, the cream provides a neutral shade. Wooing your guests is easy when you couple these colour-code walls with decor in earthy shades.
You can decorate your living room or kitchen walls in rustic colours to get a warm and cosy interior.
3. Try Embracing Nature
You can also consider an olive green and earthy brown combination for your walls. They give an earthy, nature-inspired look to your home.
The rich olive green will add freshness to your rooms, while the earthy brown will create a warm atmosphere. These colour tones keep you calm and are an excellent choice for living rooms and offices.
4. Timelessly Classic
Our timelessly classic pick is navy blue and white. They look so elegant together. While navy blue gives depth to your room, white adds brightness.
You can add this timeless look to your bedrooms, living areas, or wherever you want a touch of sophistication.
5. Just Like An Oasis
Feel like you are amidst an oasis with mint green and crisp white colour combinations.
Mint green is a rejuvenating and vibrant colour. While white is bright and adds cleanliness to the design. Together they add freshness to your interiors.
You can use this combination in your kitchen, bathrooms, etc.
6. Serene Seascape
Soft blue and beige are sure to create a serene, calming effect. The soft blue will give you cool and calming vibes of the sea, and the beige colour will add warmth to your space.
This colour combination can do wonders for your living rooms, bedroom, etc.
7. Bold Harmony
If you are the bold and dramatic types, opt for deep purple and gold colour codes for your interior.
Deep purple adds depth, and gold, as always, exudes luxury. Both of these together are a very bold combination and are an excellent choice for living rooms, drawing rooms, and accent walls.
8. Playful Vibrance
Coral pink and sunny yellow is the ideal playful vibrance colour combination. Coral pink is a warm and playful colour. While yellow has cheerful vibes, both these colours are such that they look good in the childrens room.
Owing to how well they complement each other, they are also a good colour combination for accent walls.
Finding the perfect colour code for your walls is a tedious task. But we hope our guide on this topic helped you structure your thoughts around the topic.
You need to consider various aspects of interior designing, like the layout and size of your room, lighting effects throughout the house, other elements present in the area, vibe and colour psychology, and your personal preference.
Once you have thought about the above points, we believe you will be much closer to finding your dream colour code.